Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the BIG news!

Today Cesar and I loaded the girls in the car and headed off to my obgyn's office...  I am 20 weeks along in my pregnancy TODAY, so you can maybe guess what appointment was today.  Before we get to the big news, here's a little history of my pregnancy...

At my first appointment, 9 weeks along, I was pleasantly surprised when my doctor said "now let's go into this other room and see if we can see your baby in an ultrasound!"  At the first appointment!  And that was a very lucky thing, too, because my doctor found TWO heartbeats...  TWINS!!!  My reaction- total amazement, totally surprised, and very excited!!!  They don't look much more than blobs at 9 weeks... 


And here's the babies at 12 weeks.  Another cool thing about having twins is they want to do an ultrasound at every appointment to hear the separate heartbeats.  They look more like babies here



And then we get to today.  We walk into the ultrasound room and see a 50+" flat screen TV, a DVD player, a stack of blank DVD's and sleeves, and the ultrasound machine.  My doctor said since ours was the last ultrasound of the day, he was going to use a better image (I'm not sure of the connection there) and ended up taking about 25 minutes!  Of course, the fact that there were 2 definitely contributed to the time.  The girls, though, were ready to go after 5 minutes of not really seeing mommy's babies.  So, here's the first picture.  You can see one of the babies very cleary and a part of the head of the second...



And now, here's the big news.  The doctor found that Baby A was a ...

and that Baby B was a...

So we're having TWO more girls!  Yeah for us!  We're all really excited, except maybe for Alicey who was a little disappointed- she really wanted a little brother.  Maybe next time Alicey.  And 5 minutes after we were done, the nurse comes out with the whole thing recorded on a DVD for us!  It is so neat to see all those arms and legs and feet and hands waving around together.  They are separated in different sacs, but you could never tell in the ultrasound.  The doctor wasn't even sure they were separated at first, except that I told him at 12 weeks my previous ultrasound showed separate everything.  Anyway, so that's the news!  And I'm just now starting to feel them moving around- though watching them today I can't believe I don't feel them more!

6 comments:

The Wards said...

Hooray for girls!!!!!!!! You won't have to change anything and you have everything you need! I am so happy for you guys! I am glad all is well and healthy, Heather don't be afraid to put your feet up every once and awhile!

Whitney said...

4 Girls! Heather I am so excited for you! You just the perfect mother for a bunch of girls. Now I am just wondering if they will be identical or not! Can't wait to meet them! Congrats!

Smileyhappychan said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!!!

Juliana said...

YEYYYYYYY!!! Congratulations, Heather!!! :o)

Leah Florence said...

I agree! Hooray for girls! There is a reason why girls keep coming your way. I think you are the perfect mom for girls and not just because you dress them up so cute and give them amazing birthday parties. Heather, this is such great news. If you ever have a boy they are in for a wild ride!

Julie said...

I'll trade you one girl for a boy...JUST KIDDING! Mia is a little sad she's not getting a sister except I didn't tell her "maybe next time" this is our 4th and final. Congrats to you! You and your 3 sisters have such a good time together and now the tradition will continue for Alicey and her 3 sisters :)